Maybe you missed Muzi‘s Somnolence Vol. II LP when it hit The DJBooth this past July. Maybe you didn’t even know you missed it till you read that last sentence. If that’s the case, count yourself lucky, because the hype train’s pulled back into the station with the release of standout cut Blood, a record currently under consideration for release as a single. Characteristically of the ATL singer’s output, this joint packs a powerful combo of aural atmosphere and left-of-center lyricism, with production partner Shoden!1 crafting a dense, cinematic instrumental arrangement to back Muzi’s ominous, yet soothing verses. How about it, readers: does Blood sound like a hit? Debate away—and, if you haven’t already, click here to cop the full project for free in the Booth.
Written by richard on 10/23/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dear Heartbeat" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.