Maybe you missed Muzi‘s Somnolence Vol. II LP when it hit The DJBooth this past July. Maybe you didn’t even know you missed it till you read that last sentence. If that’s the case, count yourself lucky, because the hype train’s pulled back into the station with the release of standout cut Blood, a record currently under consideration for release as a single. Characteristically of the ATL singer’s output, this joint packs a powerful combo of aural atmosphere and left-of-center lyricism, with production partner Shoden!1 crafting a dense, cinematic instrumental arrangement to back Muzi’s ominous, yet soothing verses. How about it, readers: does Blood sound like a hit? Debate away—and, if you haven’t already, click here to cop the full project for free in the Booth.
Written by richard on 10/23/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dear Heartbeat" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.