In a world filled with fickle, flighty men and women, can eternal, unconditional love truly exist? I can’t rule the possibility out – of course, I could say the same thing about unicorns (Hey, we haven’t looked everywhere). Until the genuine article is found, though, ladies can count on artists like Musiq Soulchild to tell them exactly what they want to hear. On Yes, the latest single off his sixth studio album, a tunefully understated vintage R&B-laced instrumental by Element as the crooner does just that. Showcasing a characteristically smooth and assured vocal presence, he suavely assuages his girl’s doubts, solemnly swearing that he’s never gonna give her up, never gonna let her down, never gonna run around and desert her. Furthermore, he’s never gonna make her c – oh, what’s that? That reference is several years past its sell-by-date? I offer my humble apologies. Anyway, if Musiq’s feelings for the chick in question are as consistent as the quality of his musical output, she shouldn’t have anything to worry about. For more fresh Soulchild material, check out the artist’s MusiqInTheMagiq LP, when it hits record stores and online retailers tomorrow, May 3.
Written by richard on 05/2/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)