In a world filled with fickle, flighty men and women, can eternal, unconditional love truly exist? I can’t rule the possibility out – of course, I could say the same thing about unicorns (Hey, we haven’t looked everywhere). Until the genuine article is found, though, ladies can count on artists like Musiq Soulchild to tell them exactly what they want to hear. On Yes, the latest single off his sixth studio album, a tunefully understated vintage R&B-laced instrumental by Element as the crooner does just that. Showcasing a characteristically smooth and assured vocal presence, he suavely assuages his girl’s doubts, solemnly swearing that he’s never gonna give her up, never gonna let her down, never gonna run around and desert her. Furthermore, he’s never gonna make her c – oh, what’s that? That reference is several years past its sell-by-date? I offer my humble apologies. Anyway, if Musiq’s feelings for the chick in question are as consistent as the quality of his musical output, she shouldn’t have anything to worry about. For more fresh Soulchild material, check out the artist’s MusiqInTheMagiq LP, when it hits record stores and online retailers tomorrow, May 3.
Written by richard on 05/2/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.