In a world filled with fickle, flighty men and women, can eternal, unconditional love truly exist? I can’t rule the possibility out – of course, I could say the same thing about unicorns (Hey, we haven’t looked everywhere). Until the genuine article is found, though, ladies can count on artists like Musiq Soulchild to tell them exactly what they want to hear. On Yes, the latest single off his sixth studio album, a tunefully understated vintage R&B-laced instrumental by Element as the crooner does just that. Showcasing a characteristically smooth and assured vocal presence, he suavely assuages his girl’s doubts, solemnly swearing that he’s never gonna give her up, never gonna let her down, never gonna run around and desert her. Furthermore, he’s never gonna make her c – oh, what’s that? That reference is several years past its sell-by-date? I offer my humble apologies. Anyway, if Musiq’s feelings for the chick in question are as consistent as the quality of his musical output, she shouldn’t have anything to worry about. For more fresh Soulchild material, check out the artist’s MusiqInTheMagiq LP, when it hits record stores and online retailers tomorrow, May 3.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.