It goes without saying that 2007 was an excellent year for Musiq Soulchild. In case you aren’t up to speed, here’s a recap: After being traded from Def Jam to Atlantic (in exchange for Fabolous), the Philly R&B singer returned to his early-‘00s peak with his fourth album Luvanmusiq (#1 on the Billboard 200, plus B.U.D.D.Y. and Teachme both received major airplay). Ready to continue his roll, Musiq will kick off the soundtrack to Tyler Perry’s newest movie, Meet the Browns, with People Everyday. Sampling the Sly and the Family Stone classic, Everyday People, Musiq, along with UK singer/rapper Estelle, teach the audience that people should be judged based on first impressions. The Meet the Browns soundtrack will be released on March 18.
Written by Burmy on 03/16/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.