It goes without saying that 2007 was an excellent year for Musiq Soulchild. In case you aren’t up to speed, here’s a recap: After being traded from Def Jam to Atlantic (in exchange for Fabolous), the Philly R&B singer returned to his early-‘00s peak with his fourth album Luvanmusiq (#1 on the Billboard 200, plus B.U.D.D.Y. and Teachme both received major airplay). Ready to continue his roll, Musiq will kick off the soundtrack to Tyler Perry’s newest movie, Meet the Browns, with People Everyday. Sampling the Sly and the Family Stone classic, Everyday People, Musiq, along with UK singer/rapper Estelle, teach the audience that people should be judged based on first impressions. The Meet the Browns soundtrack will be released on March 18.
Written by Burmy on 03/16/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.