It goes without saying that 2007 was an excellent year for Musiq Soulchild. In case you aren’t up to speed, here’s a recap: After being traded from Def Jam to Atlantic (in exchange for Fabolous), the Philly R&B singer returned to his early-‘00s peak with his fourth album Luvanmusiq (#1 on the Billboard 200, plus B.U.D.D.Y. and Teachme both received major airplay). Ready to continue his roll, Musiq will kick off the soundtrack to Tyler Perry’s newest movie, Meet the Browns, with People Everyday. Sampling the Sly and the Family Stone classic, Everyday People, Musiq, along with UK singer/rapper Estelle, teach the audience that people should be judged based on first impressions. The Meet the Browns soundtrack will be released on March 18.
Written by Burmy on 03/16/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.