As you begin to hear those familiar piano chords, you might assume that Philly native Musiq Soulchild decided to remix his old single Teach Me. On his newest single, If You Leave, the neo-soul veteran vents his frustrations with the Queen of Hip-Hop Soul, Mary J. Blige. Over a wonderfully simple, yet effective melody brought to you by Carvin & Ivan (of Karmui Productions), Musiq opens up to his woman, letting her know that even without her, he’ll still be around, because love is forever. Soulfully strong still, Blige gives a fiery performance, proclaiming Musiq “arrogant” and “full of it” as she asks for her partner to give it a try. A beautiful song with huge single potential, this musical matrimony could last a lifetime.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 09/21/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.