As you begin to hear those familiar piano chords, you might assume that Philly native Musiq Soulchild decided to remix his old single Teach Me. On his newest single, If You Leave, the neo-soul veteran vents his frustrations with the Queen of Hip-Hop Soul, Mary J. Blige. Over a wonderfully simple, yet effective melody brought to you by Carvin & Ivan (of Karmui Productions), Musiq opens up to his woman, letting her know that even without her, he’ll still be around, because love is forever. Soulfully strong still, Blige gives a fiery performance, proclaiming Musiq “arrogant” and “full of it” as she asks for her partner to give it a try. A beautiful song with huge single potential, this musical matrimony could last a lifetime.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 09/21/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)