Though we all know, intellectually, that honesty and openness are key to healthy relationships, in practice we all-too-often find ourselves forcing others to guess what’s on our minds – if not actively trying to hide the truth. One fella who will never answer “Nothing” when asked what’s wrong (unless it really is nothing), Musiq Soulchild declares himself an open book on this newly-released single, assuring his girl “You can ask me Anything.” Jerry ‘‘Wonda’’ Duplessis handles production duties, blending slap bass and glossy synths into a bubbly electro-funk backdrop for the singer’s refreshingly mature sentiments. On the middle verse, Swizz Beatz grabs the mic to spit a slightly off-topic, but fittingly breezy 16, inviting a female to hop into his Aston Martin for a brisk drive followed by a little R&R on his boat. Does this blissfully head-noddable cut leave you craving more new music from Musiq? The neo-soul vet’s next project, TheMagicTheMusic has yet to receive a spot on Atlantic Records’ release schedule but, like the chick in question, you can trust the Booth to “tell you everything” as details surface.
Written by richard on 01/23/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.