Though we all know, intellectually, that honesty and openness are key to healthy relationships, in practice we all-too-often find ourselves forcing others to guess what’s on our minds – if not actively trying to hide the truth. One fella who will never answer “Nothing” when asked what’s wrong (unless it really is nothing), Musiq Soulchild declares himself an open book on this newly-released single, assuring his girl “You can ask me Anything.” Jerry ‘‘Wonda’’ Duplessis handles production duties, blending slap bass and glossy synths into a bubbly electro-funk backdrop for the singer’s refreshingly mature sentiments. On the middle verse, Swizz Beatz grabs the mic to spit a slightly off-topic, but fittingly breezy 16, inviting a female to hop into his Aston Martin for a brisk drive followed by a little R&R on his boat. Does this blissfully head-noddable cut leave you craving more new music from Musiq? The neo-soul vet’s next project, TheMagicTheMusic has yet to receive a spot on Atlantic Records’ release schedule but, like the chick in question, you can trust the Booth to “tell you everything” as details surface.
Written by richard on 01/23/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.