Like all good things, MURS and 9th Wonder‘s collaborative partnership must eventually come to an end. To ensure it concludes on a high note, the Cali underground emcee and his Carolina-repping production partner have joined forces for one Final Adventure. It’s Over, the inaugural song release, is a nutshell-sized summation of the project and the thought process behind it. With the renowned beatsmith’s Chipmunk-pitched classic-rock samples as his backdrop, the emcee offers two examples—one romantic, the other professional—of relationships that overstayed their welcome and met with acrimonious ends, before reminiscing over his time spent working with 9th and expressing his satisfaction with the course their partnership has taken. The Final Adventure is scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers November 13, and fans can hear more from MURS on This Generation, his recent collaborative set with Fashawn. 9th Wonder devotees can look forward to the arrival of his and Buckshot‘s The Solution LP next month.
Written by richard on 10/16/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Better Than The Best" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.