Like all good things, MURS and 9th Wonder‘s collaborative partnership must eventually come to an end. To ensure it concludes on a high note, the Cali underground emcee and his Carolina-repping production partner have joined forces for one Final Adventure. It’s Over, the inaugural song release, is a nutshell-sized summation of the project and the thought process behind it. With the renowned beatsmith’s Chipmunk-pitched classic-rock samples as his backdrop, the emcee offers two examples—one romantic, the other professional—of relationships that overstayed their welcome and met with acrimonious ends, before reminiscing over his time spent working with 9th and expressing his satisfaction with the course their partnership has taken. The Final Adventure is scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers November 13, and fans can hear more from MURS on This Generation, his recent collaborative set with Fashawn. 9th Wonder devotees can look forward to the arrival of his and Buckshot‘s The Solution LP next month.
Written by richard on 10/16/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Better Than The Best" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.