Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Though MURS and 9th Wonder chose to channel their energy into making dope music, there are those from their respective ‘hoods who, though some combination of will and circumstance, took a darker path. Coming on the heels of lead single It’s Over, Funeral for a Killer finds the collaborators staring down into the coffin of a homie who died with his finger on the trigger, wondering, “Who cries when the killer dies? Is it justified, when tears fill your eyes?” Over 9th’s pensive, chopped-and-looped samples, the duo ponder the legacy left behind by a cold-blooded gangster, examining the mark he made on the streets, his family and the members of his set. For this moody selection and much more, check out MURS and 9th’s fifth and last album together, The Final Adventure, when it drops November 13, via Duck Down/Jamla.
Written by richard on 11/3/12
Spanning nearly a decade and spawning four collaborative full-lengths (Murs 3:16: The 9th Edition, Murray's Revenge, Sweet Lord and Fornever), MURS and 9th Wonder's collaborative relationship has been one of the dopest and...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Better Than The Best" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.