Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Though MURS and 9th Wonder chose to channel their energy into making dope music, there are those from their respective ‘hoods who, though some combination of will and circumstance, took a darker path. Coming on the heels of lead single It’s Over, Funeral for a Killer finds the collaborators staring down into the coffin of a homie who died with his finger on the trigger, wondering, “Who cries when the killer dies? Is it justified, when tears fill your eyes?” Over 9th’s pensive, chopped-and-looped samples, the duo ponder the legacy left behind by a cold-blooded gangster, examining the mark he made on the streets, his family and the members of his set. For this moody selection and much more, check out MURS and 9th’s fifth and last album together, The Final Adventure, when it drops November 13, via Duck Down/Jamla.
Written by richard on 11/3/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Better Than The Best" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.