Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Though MURS and 9th Wonder chose to channel their energy into making dope music, there are those from their respective ‘hoods who, though some combination of will and circumstance, took a darker path. Coming on the heels of lead single It’s Over, Funeral for a Killer finds the collaborators staring down into the coffin of a homie who died with his finger on the trigger, wondering, “Who cries when the killer dies? Is it justified, when tears fill your eyes?” Over 9th’s pensive, chopped-and-looped samples, the duo ponder the legacy left behind by a cold-blooded gangster, examining the mark he made on the streets, his family and the members of his set. For this moody selection and much more, check out MURS and 9th’s fifth and last album together, The Final Adventure, when it drops November 13, via Duck Down/Jamla.
Written by richard on 11/3/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Better Than The Best" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.