Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Though MURS and 9th Wonder chose to channel their energy into making dope music, there are those from their respective ‘hoods who, though some combination of will and circumstance, took a darker path. Coming on the heels of lead single It’s Over, Funeral for a Killer finds the collaborators staring down into the coffin of a homie who died with his finger on the trigger, wondering, “Who cries when the killer dies? Is it justified, when tears fill your eyes?” Over 9th’s pensive, chopped-and-looped samples, the duo ponder the legacy left behind by a cold-blooded gangster, examining the mark he made on the streets, his family and the members of his set. For this moody selection and much more, check out MURS and 9th’s fifth and last album together, The Final Adventure, when it drops November 13, via Duck Down/Jamla.
Written by richard on 11/3/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Better Than The Best" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)