Last we featured MURS, he was celebrating the Yuletide on CREAM (Christmas Rules Everything Around Me). Two weeks into the new year, the West Coast stalwart’s feeling considerably less merry, and it’s all thanks to a certain woman. On new single The Pain Is Gone, the artist describes the rise and fall of a romantic affair, from its beginning as an online flirtation to the devastating realization that he’d fathered a child with the girl in question. Motown’s Apollo Brown crafts a mournful chopped-soul-sample beat to back his cautionary bars. One of two forthcoming Mello Music Group compilations, Mandala Vol. 2, Today’s Mathematic is slated to hit record stores and online retailers Tuesday, January 28.
Written by richard on 01/19/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Better Than The Best" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.