I had something really important that I was going to tell y’all, but it’s slipped my mind. Wait… it’s on the tip of my tongue… oh, right: Remember 2 Forget! Which, now that I’ve remembered it, I have to remember to forget again. F*cking paradoxes. Well, as long as it’s on my mind, I may as well give you the lowdown on MURS’ latest feature. Single numero uno off his forthcoming full-length, this embittered cut finds Nick Taylor reeling in the wake of nasty breakup, wishing he could go through an Eternal Sunshine-style treatment to erase “all the lies and the bullsh*t” from his recollection. Of course, even if it were actually possible, the procedure would only work if the woman in question agreed to give him the space he needs to recover; over Ski Beatz’ mournful guitar riffs and chopped vocal samples, the artist laments her tendency to walk capriciously in and out of his life: “...you still call me and text me, run back to me when things get messy.” Whether you find yourself relating to this embittered banger (I’m sorry) or just need more MURS in your life, you’re sure to find more to your liking on the artist’s Love & Rockets v.1: The Transformation LP scheduled to drop October 11, via DD172/BluRoc.
Listen to More: MURS
Written by richard on 09/15/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Better Than The Best" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)