I had something really important that I was going to tell y’all, but it’s slipped my mind. Wait… it’s on the tip of my tongue… oh, right: Remember 2 Forget! Which, now that I’ve remembered it, I have to remember to forget again. F*cking paradoxes. Well, as long as it’s on my mind, I may as well give you the lowdown on MURS’ latest feature. Single numero uno off his forthcoming full-length, this embittered cut finds Nick Taylor reeling in the wake of nasty breakup, wishing he could go through an Eternal Sunshine-style treatment to erase “all the lies and the bullsh*t” from his recollection. Of course, even if it were actually possible, the procedure would only work if the woman in question agreed to give him the space he needs to recover; over Ski Beatz’ mournful guitar riffs and chopped vocal samples, the artist laments her tendency to walk capriciously in and out of his life: “...you still call me and text me, run back to me when things get messy.” Whether you find yourself relating to this embittered banger (I’m sorry) or just need more MURS in your life, you’re sure to find more to your liking on the artist’s Love & Rockets v.1: The Transformation LP scheduled to drop October 11, via DD172/BluRoc.
Written by richard on 09/15/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Better Than The Best" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)