I had something really important that I was going to tell y’all, but it’s slipped my mind. Wait… it’s on the tip of my tongue… oh, right: Remember 2 Forget! Which, now that I’ve remembered it, I have to remember to forget again. F*cking paradoxes. Well, as long as it’s on my mind, I may as well give you the lowdown on MURS’ latest feature. Single numero uno off his forthcoming full-length, this embittered cut finds Nick Taylor reeling in the wake of nasty breakup, wishing he could go through an Eternal Sunshine-style treatment to erase “all the lies and the bullsh*t” from his recollection. Of course, even if it were actually possible, the procedure would only work if the woman in question agreed to give him the space he needs to recover; over Ski Beatz’ mournful guitar riffs and chopped vocal samples, the artist laments her tendency to walk capriciously in and out of his life: “...you still call me and text me, run back to me when things get messy.” Whether you find yourself relating to this embittered banger (I’m sorry) or just need more MURS in your life, you’re sure to find more to your liking on the artist’s Love & Rockets v.1: The Transformation LP scheduled to drop October 11, via DD172/BluRoc.
Written by richard on 09/15/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Better Than The Best" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.