With the eclectic weather we’ve been having down South (Mother Nature can’t make up her damn mind), I’m grabbing on to consistency whenever I see it. While west coast emcee MURS is indeed reliable, his rhyme powers are strong enough to brew a strong hip-hop storm. Ample evidence of his creative energies can be heard on The Problem Is, the new single off his forthcoming collaboration album with 9th Wonder. On this track, MURS (along with fellow left-coasters Sick Jacken and Uncle Chucc) bounces along emphatically over a west coast-style beat from 9th that perfectly contrasts with the heavy nature of the track, as each artist remarks on the troubles facing the world today: “The problem is we’re all out for self / in a world that’s consumed by greed and wealth.” Booth-heads who found themselves enjoying this cut should be sure to check the dope musical typhoon 9th and MURS are preparing to unleash when their new album Fornever drops March 30.
Written by Sigurd on 03/2/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Better Than The Best" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.