With the eclectic weather we’ve been having down South (Mother Nature can’t make up her damn mind), I’m grabbing on to consistency whenever I see it. While west coast emcee MURS is indeed reliable, his rhyme powers are strong enough to brew a strong hip-hop storm. Ample evidence of his creative energies can be heard on The Problem Is, the new single off his forthcoming collaboration album with 9th Wonder. On this track, MURS (along with fellow left-coasters Sick Jacken and Uncle Chucc) bounces along emphatically over a west coast-style beat from 9th that perfectly contrasts with the heavy nature of the track, as each artist remarks on the troubles facing the world today: “The problem is we’re all out for self / in a world that’s consumed by greed and wealth.” Booth-heads who found themselves enjoying this cut should be sure to check the dope musical typhoon 9th and MURS are preparing to unleash when their new album Fornever drops March 30.
Written by Sigurd on 03/2/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Better Than The Best" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.