With the eclectic weather we’ve been having down South (Mother Nature can’t make up her damn mind), I’m grabbing on to consistency whenever I see it. While west coast emcee MURS is indeed reliable, his rhyme powers are strong enough to brew a strong hip-hop storm. Ample evidence of his creative energies can be heard on The Problem Is, the new single off his forthcoming collaboration album with 9th Wonder. On this track, MURS (along with fellow left-coasters Sick Jacken and Uncle Chucc) bounces along emphatically over a west coast-style beat from 9th that perfectly contrasts with the heavy nature of the track, as each artist remarks on the troubles facing the world today: “The problem is we’re all out for self / in a world that’s consumed by greed and wealth.” Booth-heads who found themselves enjoying this cut should be sure to check the dope musical typhoon 9th and MURS are preparing to unleash when their new album Fornever drops March 30.
Written by Sigurd on 03/2/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Better Than The Best" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)