It has indeed been “a long time comin’” for California underground heavyweight MURS. On Tuesday, the emcee will release his seventh solo studio album, MURS For President, which features fellow geek-to-chic rapper/producer, will.i.am, on the bouncy track, Lookin’ Fly. Over the Black Eyed Peas alum’s Green Hornet-sampled opus, the Living Legends collective member maintains his underground sound despite releasing his new project via Warner Bros. (his first with a major label). Though the thrift store champion might lose points by running the “fly” mantra into the ground, his upbeat sound may be exactly what listeners are looking for in a candidate. In a crucial political year, DJBooth endorses MURS as a possible candidate for hip-hop Head of State.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 09/28/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Better Than The Best" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.