It has indeed been “a long time comin’” for California underground heavyweight MURS. On Tuesday, the emcee will release his seventh solo studio album, MURS For President, which features fellow geek-to-chic rapper/producer, will.i.am, on the bouncy track, Lookin’ Fly. Over the Black Eyed Peas alum’s Green Hornet-sampled opus, the Living Legends collective member maintains his underground sound despite releasing his new project via Warner Bros. (his first with a major label). Though the thrift store champion might lose points by running the “fly” mantra into the ground, his upbeat sound may be exactly what listeners are looking for in a candidate. In a crucial political year, DJBooth endorses MURS as a possible candidate for hip-hop Head of State.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 09/28/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Better Than The Best" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)