It has indeed been “a long time comin’” for California underground heavyweight MURS. On Tuesday, the emcee will release his seventh solo studio album, MURS For President, which features fellow geek-to-chic rapper/producer, will.i.am, on the bouncy track, Lookin’ Fly. Over the Black Eyed Peas alum’s Green Hornet-sampled opus, the Living Legends collective member maintains his underground sound despite releasing his new project via Warner Bros. (his first with a major label). Though the thrift store champion might lose points by running the “fly” mantra into the ground, his upbeat sound may be exactly what listeners are looking for in a candidate. In a crucial political year, DJBooth endorses MURS as a possible candidate for hip-hop Head of State.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 09/28/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Better Than The Best" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.