It has indeed been “a long time comin’” for California underground heavyweight MURS. On Tuesday, the emcee will release his seventh solo studio album, MURS For President, which features fellow geek-to-chic rapper/producer, will.i.am, on the bouncy track, Lookin’ Fly. Over the Black Eyed Peas alum’s Green Hornet-sampled opus, the Living Legends collective member maintains his underground sound despite releasing his new project via Warner Bros. (his first with a major label). Though the thrift store champion might lose points by running the “fly” mantra into the ground, his upbeat sound may be exactly what listeners are looking for in a candidate. In a crucial political year, DJBooth endorses MURS as a possible candidate for hip-hop Head of State.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 09/28/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Better Than The Best" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.