It has indeed been “a long time comin’” for California underground heavyweight MURS. On Tuesday, the emcee will release his seventh solo studio album, MURS For President, which features fellow geek-to-chic rapper/producer, will.i.am, on the bouncy track, Lookin’ Fly. Over the Black Eyed Peas alum’s Green Hornet-sampled opus, the Living Legends collective member maintains his underground sound despite releasing his new project via Warner Bros. (his first with a major label). Though the thrift store champion might lose points by running the “fly” mantra into the ground, his upbeat sound may be exactly what listeners are looking for in a candidate. In a crucial political year, DJBooth endorses MURS as a possible candidate for hip-hop Head of State.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 09/28/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Better Than The Best" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- How a Music Video Is Made: A Mock Treatment With Rapsody
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.