Today, West Coast vet MURS released his latest opus, which comprises a 70-page comic book as well as an album’s worth of new tunes. Presumably, the conceptual nature of the project means that it’s best experienced as a whole, but new single Falling in Flames should nonetheless give you an appetizing taste of what to expect. Released along with animated visuals scripted by Josh Blaylock and illustrated by Jose Garcia, the record tells the story of an underground rhymesayer who sells out his principles and falls victim to the allurements of the fast life. MURS’ narrative bars come backed by the dissonant, synth-driven boardwork of DJ Evolution. Interest piqued? Then click here to cop Yumiko: Curse of the Merch Girl, along with its comic-book accompaniment, via iTunes.
Written by richard on 07/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Better Than The Best" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.