Just in case you never got the memo, MURS can no longer be called an indie rapper. The LA emcee, who up to last year had paved a prodigious career by eating, sleeping, and breathing indie, is now a proud member of (gasp!) Warner Bros. Records. Thankfully, “The Man” has thus far avoided dulling his trademark edge. Murs’ new single, Can It Be, is a scathing critique on everything from fair weather hip-hop fans to the recession. Lyrically, he changes topics so quickly that it almost comes off as stream-of-consciousness. Producer Scoop Deville adds a little vintage Michael Jackson to the mix, sampling I Wanna Be Where You Are in the beat and on the hook. Can It Be will appear on MURS’ major label debut, MURS For President (Sep. 30).
Listen to More: MURS Written by Charlie E.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Better Than The Best" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.