Just in case you never got the memo, MURS can no longer be called an indie rapper. The LA emcee, who up to last year had paved a prodigious career by eating, sleeping, and breathing indie, is now a proud member of (gasp!) Warner Bros. Records. Thankfully, “The Man” has thus far avoided dulling his trademark edge. Murs’ new single, Can It Be, is a scathing critique on everything from fair weather hip-hop fans to the recession. Lyrically, he changes topics so quickly that it almost comes off as stream-of-consciousness. Producer Scoop Deville adds a little vintage Michael Jackson to the mix, sampling I Wanna Be Where You Are in the beat and on the hook. Can It Be will appear on MURS’ major label debut, MURS For President (Sep. 30).
Listen to More: MURS
Written by Charlie E. on 08/13/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Better Than The Best" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.