Since N.W.A. released Straight Outta Compton in 1988, Los Angeles has been praised for its raw and hardcore style of gangster rap music. At the turn of the century, however, many underground rap artists from Southern California shifted away from the common content known to the region and L.A.-native MURS was ready to take the lead. A member of the West Coast rap group, Living Legends, MURS has already released ten albums (five solo and five collaborative) over the last nine years. Calling his rhyming style “Sitcom Rap,” MURS (Making Underground Raw Sh*t) is known for his clear flow and “say-it-like-it-is” punch lines. So, on the first single off his upcoming new album, MURS makes the claim that he is Better Than The Best. Signed to major label, Warner Bros. Records, MURS For President is set to drop 1st quarter of next year
Written by email@example.com on 11/26/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can It Be" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.