Since N.W.A. released Straight Outta Compton in 1988, Los Angeles has been praised for its raw and hardcore style of gangster rap music. At the turn of the century, however, many underground rap artists from Southern California shifted away from the common content known to the region and L.A.-native MURS was ready to take the lead. A member of the West Coast rap group, Living Legends, MURS has already released ten albums (five solo and five collaborative) over the last nine years. Calling his rhyming style “Sitcom Rap,” MURS (Making Underground Raw Sh*t) is known for his clear flow and “say-it-like-it-is” punch lines. So, on the first single off his upcoming new album, MURS makes the claim that he is Better Than The Best. Signed to major label, Warner Bros. Records, MURS For President is set to drop 1st quarter of next year
Written by firstname.lastname@example.org on 11/26/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can It Be" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.