On paper, red and blue are just two primary colors. In reality, they are two of the most powerful colors in the world today. From politics to the streets, these colors have inspired countless lines, verses, and songs, for better and for worse. Underground hip-hop kings MURS and 9th Wonder meticulously paint this scene on their latest single, Tale of Two Cities. MURS jump starts the mellow, brass peaking 9th Wonder production, repeating “There’s two sides to my city, a red side and a blue side to my city / Too many died in my city, imagine if we all unified in my city,” followed by his factual take on the ugly truth. Although red and blue may be different on paper, once the two inks cross paths, the colors bleed into one large pool. Embrace what this duo has been doing for years by pre-ordering the deluxe version of their forthcoming album, The Final Adventure, out November 13.
Written by @Grubeats on 11/7/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Better Than The Best" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.