On paper, red and blue are just two primary colors. In reality, they are two of the most powerful colors in the world today. From politics to the streets, these colors have inspired countless lines, verses, and songs, for better and for worse. Underground hip-hop kings MURS and 9th Wonder meticulously paint this scene on their latest single, Tale of Two Cities. MURS jump starts the mellow, brass peaking 9th Wonder production, repeating “There’s two sides to my city, a red side and a blue side to my city / Too many died in my city, imagine if we all unified in my city,” followed by his factual take on the ugly truth. Although red and blue may be different on paper, once the two inks cross paths, the colors bleed into one large pool. Embrace what this duo has been doing for years by pre-ordering the deluxe version of their forthcoming album, The Final Adventure, out November 13.
Written by @Grubeats on 11/7/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Better Than The Best" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.