On paper, red and blue are just two primary colors. In reality, they are two of the most powerful colors in the world today. From politics to the streets, these colors have inspired countless lines, verses, and songs, for better and for worse. Underground hip-hop kings MURS and 9th Wonder meticulously paint this scene on their latest single, Tale of Two Cities. MURS jump starts the mellow, brass peaking 9th Wonder production, repeating “There’s two sides to my city, a red side and a blue side to my city / Too many died in my city, imagine if we all unified in my city,” followed by his factual take on the ugly truth. Although red and blue may be different on paper, once the two inks cross paths, the colors bleed into one large pool. Embrace what this duo has been doing for years by pre-ordering the deluxe version of their forthcoming album, The Final Adventure, out November 13.
Written by @Grubeats on 11/7/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Better Than The Best" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)