On paper, red and blue are just two primary colors. In reality, they are two of the most powerful colors in the world today. From politics to the streets, these colors have inspired countless lines, verses, and songs, for better and for worse. Underground hip-hop kings MURS and 9th Wonder meticulously paint this scene on their latest single, Tale of Two Cities. MURS jump starts the mellow, brass peaking 9th Wonder production, repeating “There’s two sides to my city, a red side and a blue side to my city / Too many died in my city, imagine if we all unified in my city,” followed by his factual take on the ugly truth. Although red and blue may be different on paper, once the two inks cross paths, the colors bleed into one large pool. Embrace what this duo has been doing for years by pre-ordering the deluxe version of their forthcoming album, The Final Adventure, out November 13.
Written by @Grubeats on 11/7/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Better Than The Best" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.