For quite a long time, LA rapper Murs has had his way with microphones, and his latest single 316 Ways shows the no-longer-dreadlocked emcee isn’t going to slow down anytime soon. Murray seems be going in for more revenge against the commercial structure of the rap industry and he levels a slew of critiques regarding the façade of lies built by some rappers in order to build a successful recording career. Over some driving Ski Beatz production, Murs continues to drop bombs on his adversaries, breaking down the idiocy of signing a 360 deal and even taking time to hint that he’s just as wealthy as many of his commercial counter-parts. The difference between his wealth and the money gained by his “peers” is that he invests it in sweat equity by helping to fund schools in Africa while many others are more concerned with buying commercial goods such as jewels. 316 Ways is a part of the DD172/BluRoc released album, Love & Rockets Vol. 1: The Transformation, which we recently provided a behind the scenes look at here.
Written by JC Poppe on 10/17/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Better Than The Best" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.