In the mood for a cool jazzy record, straight from one of the early ‘00s hottest artists, Murphy Lee? Sure you are. On his brand new single Murph joins forces with crooner Josh Golden to share the woes of heartbreak in a relationship. Much like the title, Up and Down Love, the St. Louis native gives the listener a feel for his relationships through rap, jealous girls and of course his own regrets. “My apologies probably be the worst, but at least it comes with a pair of shoes and a purse,” he explains, as the chimes and ambient production from project collaborator Jay E float in and out. If you like what you hear from the duo then you’ll be pleased to read that their forthcoming project is completely finished and entitled Murphy Lee vs. Jay E 2013: Back to Basics. Let’s hope we don’t have to wait another four years to get Murphy Dert back in the Booth…
Written by Thomas K Welker on 03/21/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)