In the mood for a cool jazzy record, straight from one of the early ‘00s hottest artists, Murphy Lee? Sure you are. On his brand new single Murph joins forces with crooner Josh Golden to share the woes of heartbreak in a relationship. Much like the title, Up and Down Love, the St. Louis native gives the listener a feel for his relationships through rap, jealous girls and of course his own regrets. “My apologies probably be the worst, but at least it comes with a pair of shoes and a purse,” he explains, as the chimes and ambient production from project collaborator Jay E float in and out. If you like what you hear from the duo then you’ll be pleased to read that their forthcoming project is completely finished and entitled Murphy Lee vs. Jay E 2013: Back to Basics. Let’s hope we don’t have to wait another four years to get Murphy Dert back in the Booth…
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.