In the mood for a cool jazzy record, straight from one of the early ‘00s hottest artists, Murphy Lee? Sure you are. On his brand new single Murph joins forces with crooner Josh Golden to share the woes of heartbreak in a relationship. Much like the title, Up and Down Love, the St. Louis native gives the listener a feel for his relationships through rap, jealous girls and of course his own regrets. “My apologies probably be the worst, but at least it comes with a pair of shoes and a purse,” he explains, as the chimes and ambient production from project collaborator Jay E float in and out. If you like what you hear from the duo then you’ll be pleased to read that their forthcoming project is completely finished and entitled Murphy Lee vs. Jay E 2013: Back to Basics. Let’s hope we don’t have to wait another four years to get Murphy Dert back in the Booth…
Written by Thomas K Welker on 03/21/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.