To emphasize just how long Murphy Lee‘s upcoming sophomore album (previously titled The Package and Who Says St. Louis Ain’t Hip-Hop, but now called You See Me) has been in the works, the promo single, Dat Bull Ish, was one of DJBooth’s first song features in early ‘06. Regardless, with an August release date finally set and the official single, Murph Derty, at retailers this week, a follow-up single has hit the DJBooth. Following the Derrty Ent. tradition of product promo singles (Air Force Ones, Grillz, Stepped On My J’z), Shoes is all about Lee’s infatuation with pricey car rims (see Rich Boy‘s Throw Some D’s). Despite competitor sites’ claims that My Shoes features T-Pain, Murphy is merely having some vocoder-assisted fun, without everyone’s favorite nappy boy.
Written by Burmy on 05/29/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.