To emphasize just how long Murphy Lee‘s upcoming sophomore album (previously titled The Package and Who Says St. Louis Ain’t Hip-Hop, but now called You See Me) has been in the works, the promo single, Dat Bull Ish, was one of DJBooth’s first song features in early ‘06. Regardless, with an August release date finally set and the official single, Murph Derty, at retailers this week, a follow-up single has hit the DJBooth. Following the Derrty Ent. tradition of product promo singles (Air Force Ones, Grillz, Stepped On My J’z), Shoes is all about Lee’s infatuation with pricey car rims (see Rich Boy‘s Throw Some D’s). Despite competitor sites’ claims that My Shoes features T-Pain, Murphy is merely having some vocoder-assisted fun, without everyone’s favorite nappy boy.
Written by Burmy on 05/29/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.