To emphasize just how long Murphy Lee‘s upcoming sophomore album (previously titled The Package and Who Says St. Louis Ain’t Hip-Hop, but now called You See Me) has been in the works, the promo single, Dat Bull Ish, was one of DJBooth’s first song features in early ‘06. Regardless, with an August release date finally set and the official single, Murph Derty, at retailers this week, a follow-up single has hit the DJBooth. Following the Derrty Ent. tradition of product promo singles (Air Force Ones, Grillz, Stepped On My J’z), Shoes is all about Lee’s infatuation with pricey car rims (see Rich Boy‘s Throw Some D’s). Despite competitor sites’ claims that My Shoes features T-Pain, Murphy is merely having some vocoder-assisted fun, without everyone’s favorite nappy boy.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.