To emphasize just how long Murphy Lee‘s upcoming sophomore album (previously titled The Package and Who Says St. Louis Ain’t Hip-Hop, but now called You See Me) has been in the works, the promo single, Dat Bull Ish, was one of DJBooth’s first song features in early ‘06. Regardless, with an August release date finally set and the official single, Murph Derty, at retailers this week, a follow-up single has hit the DJBooth. Following the Derrty Ent. tradition of product promo singles (Air Force Ones, Grillz, Stepped On My J’z), Shoes is all about Lee’s infatuation with pricey car rims (see Rich Boy‘s Throw Some D’s). Despite competitor sites’ claims that My Shoes features T-Pain, Murphy is merely having some vocoder-assisted fun, without everyone’s favorite nappy boy.
Written by Burmy on 05/29/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.