St. Lunatic Murphy Lee is set to follow the platinum-selling Murphy’s Law with his label-titled sophomore set, U C Me. Always thrown into the “sidekick rapper” discussion, Lee is looking to step out from the shadow of ‘Lou big dog Nelly once and for all. On his new single, Murph Derty, the charismatic MC displays the same stunt-on-the-haters mentality that we’ve heard on most of his previous buzz cuts. However, before you automatically click on the ‘1’ rating, check out the electric-guitar laced production from Derrty in-house producer Jason “Jay E” Epperson. Murphy recently promised that U C Me would be a Midwest classic; tune in later this year to find out if he follows through.
Written by Burmy on 01/16/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.