For one rapper, “Murphy’s Law” turned out to be a good thing. After Murphy Lee achieved success with his appearance on Nelly’s smash hit Country Grammar, he decided that the axiom held a special meaning in his case, and titled his first solo album after it. “[Since] it means what could go wrong will go wrong, I wanted to flip it a little bit: what could go right will go right.” And the saying has held true for Lee – after winning a Grammy with his first record, he founded the label “U C Me Entertainment”, and is set to release his second album in the fall. A leaked track from his forthcoming release, Hatin’, featuring Young Dro, is a boisterous response to those who have doubted Lee. But if Murphy’s Law continues to hold true, there won’t be much for anyone to hate.
Written by Beeb on 05/24/07
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.