For one rapper, “Murphy’s Law” turned out to be a good thing. After Murphy Lee achieved success with his appearance on Nelly’s smash hit Country Grammar, he decided that the axiom held a special meaning in his case, and titled his first solo album after it. “[Since] it means what could go wrong will go wrong, I wanted to flip it a little bit: what could go right will go right.” And the saying has held true for Lee – after winning a Grammy with his first record, he founded the label “U C Me Entertainment”, and is set to release his second album in the fall. A leaked track from his forthcoming release, Hatin’, featuring Young Dro, is a boisterous response to those who have doubted Lee. But if Murphy’s Law continues to hold true, there won’t be much for anyone to hate.
Written by Beeb on 05/24/07
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.