For one rapper, “Murphy’s Law” turned out to be a good thing. After Murphy Lee achieved success with his appearance on Nelly’s smash hit Country Grammar, he decided that the axiom held a special meaning in his case, and titled his first solo album after it. “[Since] it means what could go wrong will go wrong, I wanted to flip it a little bit: what could go right will go right.” And the saying has held true for Lee – after winning a Grammy with his first record, he founded the label “U C Me Entertainment”, and is set to release his second album in the fall. A leaked track from his forthcoming release, Hatin’, featuring Young Dro, is a boisterous response to those who have doubted Lee. But if Murphy’s Law continues to hold true, there won’t be much for anyone to hate.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.