For one rapper, “Murphy’s Law” turned out to be a good thing. After Murphy Lee achieved success with his appearance on Nelly’s smash hit Country Grammar, he decided that the axiom held a special meaning in his case, and titled his first solo album after it. “[Since] it means what could go wrong will go wrong, I wanted to flip it a little bit: what could go right will go right.” And the saying has held true for Lee – after winning a Grammy with his first record, he founded the label “U C Me Entertainment”, and is set to release his second album in the fall. A leaked track from his forthcoming release, Hatin’, featuring Young Dro, is a boisterous response to those who have doubted Lee. But if Murphy’s Law continues to hold true, there won’t be much for anyone to hate.
Written by Beeb on 05/24/07
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)