“Quis Amor?” (or “What is love,” for those who don’t read Portugese) is a question that’s occupied the minds of countless philosophers, poets and popular musicians over the ages. “Is It Lust?”, on the other hand, doesn’t seem like it would require whole treatises to solve. On his latest feature, however, we find Murph Watkins reflecting on just that conundrum. Making its world premiere as the lead single off his forthcoming, DJBooth-hosted street album, this joint follows the Chicago repper as he debates whether to risk hurting a woman by pursuing a purely sexual connection. Joining the headliner over ThemPeople‘s low-key boardwork, fellow Windy City native Fonz-E-Mak rhymes about the deterioration of his current relationship on verse two, and Midiori lends her vocals to the record’s hook. This is just one of many quality cuts to be found on Loose Women N’ Booze, set to hit our front page this Wednesday (5/8) for digital download.
Written by richard on 05/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Don't Know (The Message)" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.