“Quis Amor?” (or “What is love,” for those who don’t read Portugese) is a question that’s occupied the minds of countless philosophers, poets and popular musicians over the ages. “Is It Lust?”, on the other hand, doesn’t seem like it would require whole treatises to solve. On his latest feature, however, we find Murph Watkins reflecting on just that conundrum. Making its world premiere as the lead single off his forthcoming, DJBooth-hosted street album, this joint follows the Chicago repper as he debates whether to risk hurting a woman by pursuing a purely sexual connection. Joining the headliner over ThemPeople‘s low-key boardwork, fellow Windy City native Fonz-E-Mak rhymes about the deterioration of his current relationship on verse two, and Midiori lends her vocals to the record’s hook. This is just one of many quality cuts to be found on Loose Women N’ Booze, set to hit our front page this Wednesday (5/8) for digital download.
Written by richard on 05/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Don't Know (The Message)" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.