If you are ever bored with a group of friends, why not play Would You Rather? For example, would you rather sweat mayo or smell like onions? Or, as Murph Watkins asks on his latest feature, would you rather face Death or Dishonor? While the Chicagoan doesn’t present his listeners with an answer, he certainly makes up for it with a passionate, powerful performance. Watkins foregoes the traditional hook, instead electing to deliver crisp, free flowing and introspective bars over producer Dee Lilly‘s soulful, sample-heavy beat. The extra elbow room allows him to add even more depth to the already-dense cut. Death or Dishonor isn’t a part of Murph Watkins’ recently-released Loose Women N’ Booze project, but we urge you to freely download the set right here at The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/5/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Don't Know (The Message)" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.