Murph Watkins thought he and his girl had something Beautiful; then she had to go and f**k it all up by exchanging salacious texts with an ex. But don’t rush to judgment too quickly. The story the Chi-town emcee tells on this freshly-minted feature, a promo single released to build anticipation for his next project, is complicated by the fact that she’s not the one who’s cheating—he is. Backed by THEMPeople‘s jazzy, keyboard-led production, the artist illustrates how suspicions of infidelity often reflect more on the accuser than the accused. Windy City soul songstress Loona Dae provides breezy backing vocals throughout. As mentioned above, Beautiful is just a promo cut, but those feeling it should keep their browsers locked for further details on Murph’s forthcoming street album, which currently lacks both a title and a drop date.
Written by richard on 01/3/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Don't Know (The Message)" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.