Murph Watkins thought he and his girl had something Beautiful; then she had to go and f**k it all up by exchanging salacious texts with an ex. But don’t rush to judgment too quickly. The story the Chi-town emcee tells on this freshly-minted feature, a promo single released to build anticipation for his next project, is complicated by the fact that she’s not the one who’s cheating—he is. Backed by THEMPeople‘s jazzy, keyboard-led production, the artist illustrates how suspicions of infidelity often reflect more on the accuser than the accused. Windy City soul songstress Loona Dae provides breezy backing vocals throughout. As mentioned above, Beautiful is just a promo cut, but those feeling it should keep their browsers locked for further details on Murph’s forthcoming street album, which currently lacks both a title and a drop date.
Written by richard on 01/3/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Don't Know (The Message)" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.