Once I’m finished with today’s track reviews , I think I’m going to write my state legislators and suggest that the slogan, “It ain’t Trickn if you got it.” be prominently displayed on all U.S. currency. It’s a strange world we live in where hip-hop artists are better financial role models than banks, automakers, and the federal government, but it would certainly be an improvement over the unspoken motto that got us into our current economic mess: ‘It ain’t trickin’ if you use a credit card/get it from China.” Okay, rant over. This new single (and first Booth feature) from ATL duo Mullage sees B Boi and B Town teaming up with hookman extraordinaire T-Pain to assure a special lady that they’re plenty loaded enough to supply her with everything her heart desires—and pay for it in paper, not plastic. Sampled from Diana Ross’ Missing You, Raw Smoove‘s smoove boardwork is the cherry on top of this economically-sound slow-jam sundae—mixed metaphors aside, though, the record has hit potential to spare, and is sure to stir up anticipation for the recent Jive signees’ debut album, The Element Of Versatility, which has yet to receive a release date.
Written by richard on 06/25/09
Submit your Rating
From The Ground/Jive Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Trick'n (Remix)" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.