As Jim Carrey taught us in Liar Liar, too much truth-telling can land you in deep sh*t. Montreal emcee MuGz, however, is determined to keep it one-hundred, even on the occasions when a White Lie would make his life easier. On his latest single, making its world premiere on our front page, the Black Rose signee offers his brutally honest take on everything from his religious faith (“I believe in the Lord.”), to his aversion to nine-to-five jobs (“It can’t work for a n*gga if I work for a n*gga that work for a n*gga, that work for a n*gga… you get it, right?”), to his feelings for your Mom (“I might d*ck her down when you’re in another room.”). Beatsmith Alex Lustig backs his unapologetic verses with an atmospheric blend of trap-tinged percussion and atmospheric synths, and T•[REC] Productions directs the dynamic official visuals. This Booth-exclusive cut is attached to an untitled and unscheduled forthcoming project. Keep it locked for release details, as well as the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 10/21/13
Black Rose Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gone One Day" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.