As Jim Carrey taught us in Liar Liar, too much truth-telling can land you in deep sh*t. Montreal emcee MuGz, however, is determined to keep it one-hundred, even on the occasions when a White Lie would make his life easier. On his latest single, making its world premiere on our front page, the Black Rose signee offers his brutally honest take on everything from his religious faith (“I believe in the Lord.”), to his aversion to nine-to-five jobs (“It can’t work for a n*gga if I work for a n*gga that work for a n*gga, that work for a n*gga… you get it, right?”), to his feelings for your Mom (“I might d*ck her down when you’re in another room.”). Beatsmith Alex Lustig backs his unapologetic verses with an atmospheric blend of trap-tinged percussion and atmospheric synths, and T•[REC] Productions directs the dynamic official visuals. This Booth-exclusive cut is attached to an untitled and unscheduled forthcoming project. Keep it locked for release details, as well as the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 10/21/13
Submit your Rating
Black Rose Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gone One Day" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.