Seeing that it’s been more than half a year since the Parkway Kid’s last solo feature, There’s a Chance that some of our regulars may have forgotten just how brilliant Muggsy Malone‘s mic skills are – if that’s the case, you should probably check to make sure your lower jaw is securely fastened before listening to the DMV up-and-comer’s latest single (a Booth-exclusive world premiere!). Over a swanky, soul-sampled instrumental by Timeless Beats, the artist does what he does best, dropping effortlessly conversational bars jam-packed with some of the most cleverly elaborate punchlines I’ve heard since… well… Muggsy’s last feature: “They go hard for a couple of seconds and stop like drag racing / ...I’m NASCAR-ing it up, so I grab paper.” As wise as the emcee’s take-nothing-for-granted philosophy may be, I think that, with rhymes like these, there’s considerably more than A Chance he’ll get his big break. Those who agree with my assessment will be able to hear more on Muggsy Malone’s Booth-sponsored TPK Psalms 23 scheduled to land on our frontpage “soon.”
Written by richard on 07/12/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.