Seeing that it’s been more than half a year since the Parkway Kid’s last solo feature, There’s a Chance that some of our regulars may have forgotten just how brilliant Muggsy Malone‘s mic skills are – if that’s the case, you should probably check to make sure your lower jaw is securely fastened before listening to the DMV up-and-comer’s latest single (a Booth-exclusive world premiere!). Over a swanky, soul-sampled instrumental by Timeless Beats, the artist does what he does best, dropping effortlessly conversational bars jam-packed with some of the most cleverly elaborate punchlines I’ve heard since… well… Muggsy’s last feature: “They go hard for a couple of seconds and stop like drag racing / ...I’m NASCAR-ing it up, so I grab paper.” As wise as the emcee’s take-nothing-for-granted philosophy may be, I think that, with rhymes like these, there’s considerably more than A Chance he’ll get his big break. Those who agree with my assessment will be able to hear more on Muggsy Malone’s Booth-sponsored TPK Psalms 23 scheduled to land on our frontpage “soon.”
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.