Muggsy Malone‘s last feature, October’s One Time 4 Your Mind, found the D.C. representative lost in thought, contemplating the trials and tribulations of life ‘round his way in characteristically wordplay-packed verses. The Parkway Kid’s first promo single of the new year, by contrast, is all about action. Mario Winans‘s stately street boardwork bangs in the back as Malone lays the foundation for his imminent Rise to Power. Booth newcomer Kelsie Grammar assists on the guest tip; her bars hit harder than you’d expect from an artist who takes her name from the man behind Frasier Crane. This cut isn’t attached to a larger set, but the passion and drive Muggsy showcases here suggest that more new music is just around the corner. Keep your browsers locked for the latest on his 2014 plans, including further details on long-delayed street album No Excuses.
Written by richard on 01/19/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.