A lot of rappers claim to give the game 100 percent of their effort, and a select few might even up that ante to 110 percent, but Muggsy Malone blows them all out of the water on One Thousand Percent (shades of Kanye’s “swagger on a hundred thousand trillion”). Making its world premiere right here, right now, Percent is founded on a frankly stellar beat from producer Drum Machine, first heard on Los’ Vintage Rolls Royce Interior, that’s the epitome of soul-sample smoothness; the man’s obviously got a thing for dope soul samples. Muggsy’s deep-flow, both literally and conceptually, balance all that soul perfectly as the DMV emcee lays down some simple rules for those similarly dedicated to pouring all of themselves into their music: “Believe in yourself and treat your reflection like your religion.” Of course, believing in yourself so completely is far easier when you can rhyme this well. Speaking of dedication, Muggy’s upcoming album, Dedication, Determination & Discipline, is set to drop in 2012, while One Thousand Percent can be found on his The Consistency mixtape, coming soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/20/11
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.