A lot of rappers claim to give the game 100 percent of their effort, and a select few might even up that ante to 110 percent, but Muggsy Malone blows them all out of the water on One Thousand Percent (shades of Kanye’s “swagger on a hundred thousand trillion”). Making its world premiere right here, right now, Percent is founded on a frankly stellar beat from producer Drum Machine, first heard on Los’ Vintage Rolls Royce Interior, that’s the epitome of soul-sample smoothness; the man’s obviously got a thing for dope soul samples. Muggsy’s deep-flow, both literally and conceptually, balance all that soul perfectly as the DMV emcee lays down some simple rules for those similarly dedicated to pouring all of themselves into their music: “Believe in yourself and treat your reflection like your religion.” Of course, believing in yourself so completely is far easier when you can rhyme this well. Speaking of dedication, Muggy’s upcoming album, Dedication, Determination & Discipline, is set to drop in 2012, while One Thousand Percent can be found on his The Consistency mixtape, coming soon.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.