A lot of rappers claim to give the game 100 percent of their effort, and a select few might even up that ante to 110 percent, but Muggsy Malone blows them all out of the water on One Thousand Percent (shades of Kanye’s “swagger on a hundred thousand trillion”). Making its world premiere right here, right now, Percent is founded on a frankly stellar beat from producer Drum Machine, first heard on Los’ Vintage Rolls Royce Interior, that’s the epitome of soul-sample smoothness; the man’s obviously got a thing for dope soul samples. Muggsy’s deep-flow, both literally and conceptually, balance all that soul perfectly as the DMV emcee lays down some simple rules for those similarly dedicated to pouring all of themselves into their music: “Believe in yourself and treat your reflection like your religion.” Of course, believing in yourself so completely is far easier when you can rhyme this well. Speaking of dedication, Muggy’s upcoming album, Dedication, Determination & Discipline, is set to drop in 2012, while One Thousand Percent can be found on his The Consistency mixtape, coming soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/20/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.