A lot of rappers claim to give the game 100 percent of their effort, and a select few might even up that ante to 110 percent, but Muggsy Malone blows them all out of the water on One Thousand Percent (shades of Kanye’s “swagger on a hundred thousand trillion”). Making its world premiere right here, right now, Percent is founded on a frankly stellar beat from producer Drum Machine, first heard on Los’ Vintage Rolls Royce Interior, that’s the epitome of soul-sample smoothness; the man’s obviously got a thing for dope soul samples. Muggsy’s deep-flow, both literally and conceptually, balance all that soul perfectly as the DMV emcee lays down some simple rules for those similarly dedicated to pouring all of themselves into their music: “Believe in yourself and treat your reflection like your religion.” Of course, believing in yourself so completely is far easier when you can rhyme this well. Speaking of dedication, Muggy’s upcoming album, Dedication, Determination & Discipline, is set to drop in 2012, while One Thousand Percent can be found on his The Consistency mixtape, coming soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/20/11
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.