Hey, Booth readers, have you heard the latest track from Mug-Z Malone? Oh, what’s that? It’s “M-U-Double-G-S-Y?” Damn, I always get that one wrong. My sub-par spelling skills aside, the latest exclusive world premiere off – ahem – Muggsy Malone‘s forthcoming, Booth-sponsored mixtape finds the up-and-comer spitting more of the tightly-wound, allusive autobiographical rhymes we’ve come to expect. Over the dreamy, lushly-sampled boardwork of Grussle (a.k.a. E-Minah), Malone takes us back to his early days spent dreaming of musical success, peppering his conversational bars with references to everything from Ben and Jerry’s ice cream to Disney Channel sitcom The Suite Life With Zack & Cody. With blazing hot rhymes and head-spinning flows to match, Muggsy’s clearly headed for the big leagues. In the man’s own words “Successful is like black: it’s what I was born to be.” Those who like what they’re hearing can find M-U-Double-G-S-Y (Yeah That’s Me) and much more on The Parkway Kid, set to hit our front page in the first quarter of next year.
Written by richard on 12/15/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)