Hey, Booth readers, have you heard the latest track from Mug-Z Malone? Oh, what’s that? It’s “M-U-Double-G-S-Y?” Damn, I always get that one wrong. My sub-par spelling skills aside, the latest exclusive world premiere off – ahem – Muggsy Malone‘s forthcoming, Booth-sponsored mixtape finds the up-and-comer spitting more of the tightly-wound, allusive autobiographical rhymes we’ve come to expect. Over the dreamy, lushly-sampled boardwork of Grussle (a.k.a. E-Minah), Malone takes us back to his early days spent dreaming of musical success, peppering his conversational bars with references to everything from Ben and Jerry’s ice cream to Disney Channel sitcom The Suite Life With Zack & Cody. With blazing hot rhymes and head-spinning flows to match, Muggsy’s clearly headed for the big leagues. In the man’s own words “Successful is like black: it’s what I was born to be.” Those who like what they’re hearing can find M-U-Double-G-S-Y (Yeah That’s Me) and much more on The Parkway Kid, set to hit our front page in the first quarter of next year.
Written by richard on 12/15/09
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.