If Muggsy Malone‘s first four Booth features didn’t convince you to jump on the Parkway Kid’s increasingly crowded bandwagon, you may be beyond help. Nonetheless, the DMV up-and-comer’s giving late adopters the benefit of the doubt; if Malone has yet to win you over, you can rest assured that this new mixtape cut will Make You a Believer – or else! Backed by The Academy‘s street-ready mix of synth-brass and booming bass, Malone addresses his haters in a flow that drips with barely-contained hostility. This track’s hard-nosed tone doesn’t stop the reader-acclaimed wordsmith from delivering some characteristically intricate, tightly-wound lyrical gems: “They wanted to treat me like a cushion after scooping change out of the sofa, and drop me in the chair.” Whether this track’s made a believer out of you, or you’ve been riding with Malone from the get-go, keep it locked to our front page for all the latest tunes off the emcee’s DJBooth.net-presented TPK: Psalms 23 mixtape, set to hit the ‘net in early January.
Written by richard on 11/23/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.