If Muggsy Malone‘s first four Booth features didn’t convince you to jump on the Parkway Kid’s increasingly crowded bandwagon, you may be beyond help. Nonetheless, the DMV up-and-comer’s giving late adopters the benefit of the doubt; if Malone has yet to win you over, you can rest assured that this new mixtape cut will Make You a Believer – or else! Backed by The Academy‘s street-ready mix of synth-brass and booming bass, Malone addresses his haters in a flow that drips with barely-contained hostility. This track’s hard-nosed tone doesn’t stop the reader-acclaimed wordsmith from delivering some characteristically intricate, tightly-wound lyrical gems: “They wanted to treat me like a cushion after scooping change out of the sofa, and drop me in the chair.” Whether this track’s made a believer out of you, or you’ve been riding with Malone from the get-go, keep it locked to our front page for all the latest tunes off the emcee’s DJBooth.net-presented TPK: Psalms 23 mixtape, set to hit the ‘net in early January.
Written by richard on 11/23/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.