As the DMV representative and DJBooth regular Muggsy Malone says in the intro to his new song Live Life, “you only get one shot.” Too true. Maybe it’s that need for perfection that’s pushed back his The TPK Album for over a year now, which is fitting, because Live Life isn’t too far from perfect. Behind the boards Timeless Beats delivers a relaxed, soulfully laced beat to get heads nodding - I’m really digging those organs. Then Mr. Malone seals the deal with more rapid fire flows than we’re typically used to from the man, smoothly touching on topics ranging from his struggle to succeed to police brutality (and throws in a pretty hilarious Lebron punchline while he’s at it). With the always high-quality Novel icing the cut with a sweetly gritty hook I’d say Muggsy is providing the soundtrack for us all to live our lives to, but as always DJBooth Nation’s opinion are what matter most. Either way, expect to be able to finally cop The TPK Album when it drops this summer. He swears. Finally.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/1/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.