It never fails: just when Muggsy Malone‘s name has all but faded from my memory, the DMV native pops up again to remind me that he’s one of the most talented up-and-comers in the game. The latest entry in the Parkway Kid’s hit parade, a Booth-exclusive world premiere, finds the artist offering his peers some simple, yet undeniably effective advice on earning respect in the game: “Keep It G With Me.” Soulful mans the boards, serving up a head-noddably laid-back boom-bap beat (laced with wise words from comedian Katt Williams), as Malone expounds upon the virtues of realness and honesty. Complementing the headliner’s cleverly scatterbrained bars are contributions from two Booth-approved cohorts (and card-carrying G’s); fellow DMV representative Lyriciss annihilates his haters on the front, and Queens phenom K. Sparks handles verse two, aiming a few harsh words at clowns who “[talk] bout their guns when all they got are super-soakers.” Does this self-assured banger leave you craving more? Then keep it locked – TPK has yet to receive a release date, but you’ll be the first to know when it does.
Written by richard on 11/18/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.