It never fails: just when Muggsy Malone‘s name has all but faded from my memory, the DMV native pops up again to remind me that he’s one of the most talented up-and-comers in the game. The latest entry in the Parkway Kid’s hit parade, a Booth-exclusive world premiere, finds the artist offering his peers some simple, yet undeniably effective advice on earning respect in the game: “Keep It G With Me.” Soulful mans the boards, serving up a head-noddably laid-back boom-bap beat (laced with wise words from comedian Katt Williams), as Malone expounds upon the virtues of realness and honesty. Complementing the headliner’s cleverly scatterbrained bars are contributions from two Booth-approved cohorts (and card-carrying G’s); fellow DMV representative Lyriciss annihilates his haters on the front, and Queens phenom K. Sparks handles verse two, aiming a few harsh words at clowns who “[talk] bout their guns when all they got are super-soakers.” Does this self-assured banger leave you craving more? Then keep it locked – TPK has yet to receive a release date, but you’ll be the first to know when it does.
Written by richard on 11/18/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.