With mixtape cut Be Alright, Muggsy Malone made one of the most successful Booth debuts in recent memory, earning reader plaudits for the track’s timeless sound and his knack for hip-hop storytelling. Recognizing our readership as the perfect audience for his catchy yet densely lyrical East Coast style, The Parkway Kid’s giving DJBooth the first look at this new track. Making its world premiere at this very site, Look at What You Made Me lives up to the rapper’s acclaimed Booth debut and then some. Both Amadeus’ idyllic instrumental and Shannon Jones’ smooth hook vocals are right on target, but, as before, it’s Malone’s rhymes that truly stand out—the emcee’s engaging, effortlessly conversational delivery is impossible to ignore, but it takes a few spins to appreciate just how much he makes every word count. An emcee with a compelling story and the skills to keep heads listening, Muggsy’s destined for big things in the Booth and beyond. Fans can hear more from this up-and-comer on TPK: Two Legs And Ten Toes, due out this Fall off Universal/Fontana.
Written by richard on 07/27/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)