With mixtape cut Be Alright, Muggsy Malone made one of the most successful Booth debuts in recent memory, earning reader plaudits for the track’s timeless sound and his knack for hip-hop storytelling. Recognizing our readership as the perfect audience for his catchy yet densely lyrical East Coast style, The Parkway Kid’s giving DJBooth the first look at this new track. Making its world premiere at this very site, Look at What You Made Me lives up to the rapper’s acclaimed Booth debut and then some. Both Amadeus’ idyllic instrumental and Shannon Jones’ smooth hook vocals are right on target, but, as before, it’s Malone’s rhymes that truly stand out—the emcee’s engaging, effortlessly conversational delivery is impossible to ignore, but it takes a few spins to appreciate just how much he makes every word count. An emcee with a compelling story and the skills to keep heads listening, Muggsy’s destined for big things in the Booth and beyond. Fans can hear more from this up-and-comer on TPK: Two Legs And Ten Toes, due out this Fall off Universal/Fontana.
Written by richard on 07/27/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.