If you experience a little déjà vu during the opening bars of Muggsy Malone‘s latest feature, chances are you actually have heard it before. Due to mismanagement by The Parkway Kid’s former label, Warpath Records, the cut ended up falling into the hands of CTE signee 211, whose rendition was released to the ‘net back in 2011. But don’t get it twisted; Malone blazed the beat back in 2008, making his version the original. Backed by Djay Cas‘s street-ready production, the D.C. repper unleashes his usual relentless onslaught of allusive wordplay. In my favorite of countless double-take inducing punchlines, he boasts, “So smart I was like the male version of Storm from X-Men—yeah, Rain Man.” Dion Primo lends his vocals to the record’s hook. While Hustler is unattached to any larger set, Malone has a new album, The Consistency, slated for release later this year. As always, fans can keep it locked for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 02/24/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.