If you experience a little déjà vu during the opening bars of Muggsy Malone‘s latest feature, chances are you actually have heard it before. Due to mismanagement by The Parkway Kid’s former label, Warpath Records, the cut ended up falling into the hands of CTE signee 211, whose rendition was released to the ‘net back in 2011. But don’t get it twisted; Malone blazed the beat back in 2008, making his version the original. Backed by Djay Cas‘s street-ready production, the D.C. repper unleashes his usual relentless onslaught of allusive wordplay. In my favorite of countless double-take inducing punchlines, he boasts, “So smart I was like the male version of Storm from X-Men—yeah, Rain Man.” Dion Primo lends his vocals to the record’s hook. While Hustler is unattached to any larger set, Malone has a new album, The Consistency, slated for release later this year. As always, fans can keep it locked for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 02/24/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.