If you dug the dense, unpredictable rhymes DMV up-and-comer Muggsy Malone brought to previous features Be Alright and Look What You Made Me, get ready for an even wilder ride—on aptly-titled mixtape leak Can’t Let Y’all Catch Me, the emcee runs off at the mouth like he’s being chased, moving with the self-assurance of a man who knows his home streets by heart. Malone’s propulsive, sometimes bewildering flows and frequent lyrical tangents are liable to leave first-time listeners in the dust (at least I was), but those who can keep up will be well-rewarded—annihilating the doubters in verses peppered with on-point punchlines and narrative snippets, Malone makes every word count. Backed by a driving, cymbal-heavy instrumental that makes those second and third spins all the sweeter (courtesy of Amadeus), this track will likely leave lyrical heads grinning from ear to ear. If you’re craving more, keep it locked to our frontpage for two exclusive world premieres off Malone’s DJBooth.net-presented TPK (The Parkway Kid) mixtape, tentatively set to drop this fall.
Written by richard on 09/8/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.