If you dug the dense, unpredictable rhymes DMV up-and-comer Muggsy Malone brought to previous features Be Alright and Look What You Made Me, get ready for an even wilder ride—on aptly-titled mixtape leak Can’t Let Y’all Catch Me, the emcee runs off at the mouth like he’s being chased, moving with the self-assurance of a man who knows his home streets by heart. Malone’s propulsive, sometimes bewildering flows and frequent lyrical tangents are liable to leave first-time listeners in the dust (at least I was), but those who can keep up will be well-rewarded—annihilating the doubters in verses peppered with on-point punchlines and narrative snippets, Malone makes every word count. Backed by a driving, cymbal-heavy instrumental that makes those second and third spins all the sweeter (courtesy of Amadeus), this track will likely leave lyrical heads grinning from ear to ear. If you’re craving more, keep it locked to our frontpage for two exclusive world premieres off Malone’s DJBooth.net-presented TPK (The Parkway Kid) mixtape, tentatively set to drop this fall.
Written by richard on 09/8/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.