If you dug the dense, unpredictable rhymes DMV up-and-comer Muggsy Malone brought to previous features Be Alright and Look What You Made Me, get ready for an even wilder ride—on aptly-titled mixtape leak Can’t Let Y’all Catch Me, the emcee runs off at the mouth like he’s being chased, moving with the self-assurance of a man who knows his home streets by heart. Malone’s propulsive, sometimes bewildering flows and frequent lyrical tangents are liable to leave first-time listeners in the dust (at least I was), but those who can keep up will be well-rewarded—annihilating the doubters in verses peppered with on-point punchlines and narrative snippets, Malone makes every word count. Backed by a driving, cymbal-heavy instrumental that makes those second and third spins all the sweeter (courtesy of Amadeus), this track will likely leave lyrical heads grinning from ear to ear. If you’re craving more, keep it locked to our frontpage for two exclusive world premieres off Malone’s DJBooth.net-presented TPK (The Parkway Kid) mixtape, tentatively set to drop this fall.
Written by richard on 09/8/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.