If you dug the dense, unpredictable rhymes DMV up-and-comer Muggsy Malone brought to previous features Be Alright and Look What You Made Me, get ready for an even wilder ride—on aptly-titled mixtape leak Can’t Let Y’all Catch Me, the emcee runs off at the mouth like he’s being chased, moving with the self-assurance of a man who knows his home streets by heart. Malone’s propulsive, sometimes bewildering flows and frequent lyrical tangents are liable to leave first-time listeners in the dust (at least I was), but those who can keep up will be well-rewarded—annihilating the doubters in verses peppered with on-point punchlines and narrative snippets, Malone makes every word count. Backed by a driving, cymbal-heavy instrumental that makes those second and third spins all the sweeter (courtesy of Amadeus), this track will likely leave lyrical heads grinning from ear to ear. If you’re craving more, keep it locked to our frontpage for two exclusive world premieres off Malone’s DJBooth.net-presented TPK (The Parkway Kid) mixtape, tentatively set to drop this fall.
Listen to More: Muggsy Malone
Written by richard on 09/8/09
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.