Equality of opportunity is a nice ideal, but it’s still just that: an ideal. In practice, it often feels like U.S. citizens of different skin colors are living in different countries that just so happen to occupy the same geographical boundaries. On the latest leak off his long-awaited street album, Muggsy Malone gives us the guided tour of Black America, a place where struggle reigns supreme and, “...smart phones accept more applications than a job does.” While the witty, intricately-rhymed bars The Parkway Kid delivers over Kajmir Royale‘s piano-led production could hardly be more relevant to contemporary politics, Malone would like to emphasize that this jam was not created to capitalize off the imminent Presidential election; in fact, he’s had it in the can since March. Those feeling it can keep their browsers locked for the latest on The Consistency, which is still waiting on a solid drop date.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Muggsy’s Chop N Shoot Films-directed Black America visuals.
Written by richard on 03/7/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.