Equality of opportunity is a nice ideal, but it’s still just that: an ideal. In practice, it often feels like U.S. citizens of different skin colors are living in different countries that just so happen to occupy the same geographical boundaries. On the latest leak off his long-awaited street album, Muggsy Malone gives us the guided tour of Black America, a place where struggle reigns supreme and, “...smart phones accept more applications than a job does.” While the witty, intricately-rhymed bars The Parkway Kid delivers over Kajmir Royale‘s piano-led production could hardly be more relevant to contemporary politics, Malone would like to emphasize that this jam was not created to capitalize off the imminent Presidential election; in fact, he’s had it in the can since March. Those feeling it can keep their browsers locked for the latest on The Consistency, which is still waiting on a solid drop date.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Muggsy’s Chop N Shoot Films-directed Black America visuals.
Written by richard on 03/7/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.