Equality of opportunity is a nice ideal, but it’s still just that: an ideal. In practice, it often feels like U.S. citizens of different skin colors are living in different countries that just so happen to occupy the same geographical boundaries. On the latest leak off his long-awaited street album, Muggsy Malone gives us the guided tour of Black America, a place where struggle reigns supreme and, “...smart phones accept more applications than a job does.” While the witty, intricately-rhymed bars The Parkway Kid delivers over Kajmir Royale‘s piano-led production could hardly be more relevant to contemporary politics, Malone would like to emphasize that this jam was not created to capitalize off the imminent Presidential election; in fact, he’s had it in the can since March. Those feeling it can keep their browsers locked for the latest on The Consistency, which is still waiting on a solid drop date.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Muggsy’s Chop N Shoot Films-directed Black America visuals.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.