Equality of opportunity is a nice ideal, but it’s still just that: an ideal. In practice, it often feels like U.S. citizens of different skin colors are living in different countries that just so happen to occupy the same geographical boundaries. On the latest leak off his long-awaited street album, Muggsy Malone gives us the guided tour of Black America, a place where struggle reigns supreme and, “...smart phones accept more applications than a job does.” While the witty, intricately-rhymed bars The Parkway Kid delivers over Kajmir Royale‘s piano-led production could hardly be more relevant to contemporary politics, Malone would like to emphasize that this jam was not created to capitalize off the imminent Presidential election; in fact, he’s had it in the can since March. Those feeling it can keep their browsers locked for the latest on The Consistency, which is still waiting on a solid drop date.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Muggsy’s Chop N Shoot Films-directed Black America visuals.
Written by richard on 03/7/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)