Equality of opportunity is a nice ideal, but it’s still just that: an ideal. In practice, it often feels like U.S. citizens of different skin colors are living in different countries that just so happen to occupy the same geographical boundaries. On the latest leak off his long-awaited street album, Muggsy Malone gives us the guided tour of Black America, a place where struggle reigns supreme and, “...smart phones accept more applications than a job does.” While the witty, intricately-rhymed bars The Parkway Kid delivers over Kajmir Royale‘s piano-led production could hardly be more relevant to contemporary politics, Malone would like to emphasize that this jam was not created to capitalize off the imminent Presidential election; in fact, he’s had it in the can since March. Those feeling it can keep their browsers locked for the latest on The Consistency, which is still waiting on a solid drop date.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Muggsy’s Chop N Shoot Films-directed Black America visuals.
Written by richard on 03/7/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.