Having traveled the world as a military serviceman and endured a period of homelessness, DMV up-and-comer Muggsy Malone has seen more hardship than some could imagine, and, understandably, he’s emerged from these life experiences with a profound appreciation for things most take for granted—as evidenced by the title of his forthcoming street album, the Booth newcomer is happy to have survived with his Two Legs and Ten Toes intact. On his first Booth feature (a mixtape inclusion originally released to the ‘net in late ‘08), The Parkway Kid expands upon the positive-minded philosophy that’s sustained him through the toughest of times. Flowing over Timeless Beats’ Chipmunk-soul instrumental (sampled from Johnny Gill’s There You Go), the rapper reassures a special someone that, as long as he’s alive and able to express himself through music, he’ll Be Alright. The deceptively dense blend of braggadocio, wordplay, and autobiographical detail Malone brings to this cut requires repeat listens to fully appreciate, but the undeniably catchy presentation is sure to keep heads coming back for more. If Be Alright’s sunny vibe and thoughtful rhymes have you hooked, be sure to pick up a copy of the up-and-comer’s new mixtape when it drops in August.
Listen to More: Muggsy Malone
Written by richard on 07/13/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Look What You Made Me" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)