Having traveled the world as a military serviceman and endured a period of homelessness, DMV up-and-comer Muggsy Malone has seen more hardship than some could imagine, and, understandably, he’s emerged from these life experiences with a profound appreciation for things most take for granted—as evidenced by the title of his forthcoming street album, the Booth newcomer is happy to have survived with his Two Legs and Ten Toes intact. On his first Booth feature (a mixtape inclusion originally released to the ‘net in late ‘08), The Parkway Kid expands upon the positive-minded philosophy that’s sustained him through the toughest of times. Flowing over Timeless Beats’ Chipmunk-soul instrumental (sampled from Johnny Gill’s There You Go), the rapper reassures a special someone that, as long as he’s alive and able to express himself through music, he’ll Be Alright. The deceptively dense blend of braggadocio, wordplay, and autobiographical detail Malone brings to this cut requires repeat listens to fully appreciate, but the undeniably catchy presentation is sure to keep heads coming back for more. If Be Alright’s sunny vibe and thoughtful rhymes have you hooked, be sure to pick up a copy of the up-and-comer’s new mixtape when it drops in August.
Written by richard on 07/13/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Look What You Made Me" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.