Having traveled the world as a military serviceman and endured a period of homelessness, DMV up-and-comer Muggsy Malone has seen more hardship than some could imagine, and, understandably, he’s emerged from these life experiences with a profound appreciation for things most take for granted—as evidenced by the title of his forthcoming street album, the Booth newcomer is happy to have survived with his Two Legs and Ten Toes intact. On his first Booth feature (a mixtape inclusion originally released to the ‘net in late ‘08), The Parkway Kid expands upon the positive-minded philosophy that’s sustained him through the toughest of times. Flowing over Timeless Beats’ Chipmunk-soul instrumental (sampled from Johnny Gill’s There You Go), the rapper reassures a special someone that, as long as he’s alive and able to express himself through music, he’ll Be Alright. The deceptively dense blend of braggadocio, wordplay, and autobiographical detail Malone brings to this cut requires repeat listens to fully appreciate, but the undeniably catchy presentation is sure to keep heads coming back for more. If Be Alright’s sunny vibe and thoughtful rhymes have you hooked, be sure to pick up a copy of the up-and-comer’s new mixtape when it drops in August.
Listen to More: Muggsy Malone
Written by richard on 07/13/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Look What You Made Me" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 4 EP
- One Song to Prove Big Sean is a Dope Rapper (Really)
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.