While Muggsy Malone’s The TPK Album has joined the ranks of Detox in the delayed albums echelon, hopefully like Dre’s lone-awaited opus the wait will prove to be more than worth it. Coming fresh off the heels of his (very) Booth-approved collaboration with Novel, Live Life, today The Parkway Kid returns to our pages with the world premiere of And I’m Out. Intriguingly named producer Hec Dolo sets the pace for this soulful banger, mixing a jazzy piano line with classic hip-hop percussion to head-nodding effect. On the mic Mr. Malone displays the same rough voice and smooth flow that has made him a favorite around these parts, pausing only long enough to deliver some lyrical complexity that comes so quick it’ll take repeated listens to catch them all: “The bigger man’s working on my like I’m his office desk / I breathe sickness like I talk with strep.” While this rewind-worthy cut won’t find its way onto TPK, Muggsy assures us that the album will be dropping, via DJBooth of course, “very soon.” Hope you enjoyed this write-up…and I’m out.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/15/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.