While Muggsy Malone’s The TPK Album has joined the ranks of Detox in the delayed albums echelon, hopefully like Dre’s lone-awaited opus the wait will prove to be more than worth it. Coming fresh off the heels of his (very) Booth-approved collaboration with Novel, Live Life, today The Parkway Kid returns to our pages with the world premiere of And I’m Out. Intriguingly named producer Hec Dolo sets the pace for this soulful banger, mixing a jazzy piano line with classic hip-hop percussion to head-nodding effect. On the mic Mr. Malone displays the same rough voice and smooth flow that has made him a favorite around these parts, pausing only long enough to deliver some lyrical complexity that comes so quick it’ll take repeated listens to catch them all: “The bigger man’s working on my like I’m his office desk / I breathe sickness like I talk with strep.” While this rewind-worthy cut won’t find its way onto TPK, Muggsy assures us that the album will be dropping, via DJBooth of course, “very soon.” Hope you enjoyed this write-up…and I’m out.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/15/11
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.